Hello friends! I write today to wish you a Happy New Year and give a quick project update. Since my last update, much progress has been made. One of my goals for 2020 was to finish rewriting/editing my second book for beta-readers and have my family read my first book. I am pleased to announce that both of those goals have been accomplished!
My current progress:
- Book 1 final (or almost final) edit: 95% (My family has read through it and have given their feedback, which I am now integrating.)
- Book 2 rewrite: 100% (It is currently 88,725 words, about the same length as my first book.)
- Book 2 beta-reading: 10% (Some of the beta-readers have been contacted, but not all, and I haven’t sent them the document yet.)
- Book 1 cover design: 50% (I have the basic concepts down, but no formal cover designed.)
- Book 1 illustrations: 75% (Or 100%, depending on how many more I want in the book.)
- Actual publishing stuff: 25% (This will probably be the most challenging area since I only have a vague idea of what I need to do next.)
- Author website: 90% (It has been designed, but I want to determine my book’s official release date before launching the site.)
- Funding: So far I have all the funding to self-publish, but I have ideas for how to raise more funds if necessary.
Sorry for the short blog post this week. Hopefully, I’ll have a book review ready to post next Monday. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful week, friends.